Advantages of PHP Language in Web Application Development
According to the most recent usage statistics and market share data posted on W3Techs.com, more than 81% of websites currently use PHP as a server-side scripting language. The usage statistics clearly specify that PHP is more popular than other commonly used web technologies including Java, ASP.NET, Python, and ColdFusion. Also, the PHP development team lately released PHP 7.0.0 with improved performance, reduced memory consumption, and consistent 64-bit support. So you can always consider going through a PHP Course in Chandigarh for web application development to reap a number of welfares.
Understanding Benefits of Developing Web Applications with PHP
- Built-in Web Development Features: Unlike other modern programming languages, PHP was designed from the very commencement for web development. So it comes with specific features essential for building a variety of websites and web applications. For example, you can use built-in classes and functions included in PHP to achieve common web development tasks and operations. Further, you have a selection to call the functions and classes from anywhere in the code.
- Platform Independent: At present, PHP ropes major operating systems including Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, and UNIX. So the web applications written in PHP run flawlessly on many platforms. At the same time, you also have the option to deploy the PHP applications on major web servers containing Apache, IIS, Personal Web server, Netscape, and iPlanet server. So you can start developing web applications using PHP without worrying about the deployment and hosting choices.
- Work with Popular Databases: Nowadays, most web applications need to access and deliver a large amount of data quickly and professionally. So the businesses want to use the best database in the backend environment. PHP ropes some of the most widely used databases including MySQL, ODBC, SQLite, PostgreSQL, Interbase, Frontbase, dBase and IBM Db 2. So you can easily use the database according to the necessities of individual clients.
- Option to Adopt LAMP Stack: You can always effectuate development and deployment of web applications by accepting the LAMP stack. The LAMP stack contains Linux, Apache Web Server, MySQL, and PHP. You always have the option to combine PHP with the specific operating system, database and web server to build and deploy web applications more proficiently.
- Flexibility: PHP is designed based on general programming languages like C and C++. So you can read, comprehend and use the syntax of this server-side programming language without putting any extra time and sweat. Also, you have the option to write and use the PHP code in a number of ways. Based on your selection you can either embed the PHP code into HTML code or combine the PHP code with numerous web frameworks. You can even consider implementing PHP code through a command-line interface.
- Obtainability of Many Frameworks and Libraries: While using PHP, you can lessen coding time significantly by availing a number of open source frameworks and libraries. Based on the necessities of your project, you can choose from numerous PHP frameworks including Laravel, CakePHP, Yii, CodeIgniter, Phalcon, and Symfony. Likewise, you can easily add functionality to the web application without writing long and complex code by using commonly used PHP libraries like Hoa, Mink, Faker, Geocoder, Requests, and Ratchet.
- Open Source: The most recent versions of PHP are distributed under an open source license. So you can use all mechanisms of the popular server-side programming language without paying any licensing fees or royalty. So PHP aids you to build a variety of websites and web applications with reduced project expenses.
- Supported by a Large Community: PHP is developed and simplified by a large and active community of programmers. The community contains programmers from various regions and with diverse domain authority. You can always stay linked with the active community through online forums and blogs to resolve new development issues. Also, you can evade writing additional code by availing the code snippets and libraries shared by associates of the large community.
According to the PHP web developers, PHP 7.0.0 is up to twice faster than PHP 5.6. Further, it enhances the speed and performance of the web applications pointedly by consuming less memory. So you can always use PHP 7.0.0 to lift the website’s speed, performance, and user experience.